Our History


1896 The Farmers Fire Relief Association of Sublimity was formed as a mutual insurance company by local farmers concerned for the cost of their insurance. The company was operated in the home of it first president, Charles Hottinger.

1954 The company was renamed Sublimity Fire Insurance Company.

1967 After 71 years in the Hottinger home, the company built a new home office and moved to its present location at 100 SW Sublimity Blvd.

1972 The company was renamed Sublimity Insurance Company.

1983 The home office of the company was expanded.

1986 The company added automobile to its product line.

1991 The company commenced operations in Idaho.

1993 The home office of the company was again expanded.

2003 Sublimity merged with United Heritage Financial Group, of Meridian Idaho.

2006 The companys financial rating was upgraded to B++ (Good) by A.M. Best Company.

2008 The company commenced operations in Utah.

2012 The companys financial rating was upgraded to A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.